The Index Menu!
Next to presenting food choices, the most important menu we ever use is the index menu. Located at the end of most non-fiction books, the index presents information choices that are found within that book.
Select three of your textbooks and compare their indexes.
List at least four features common to each.
These may include:
- alphabetical arrangement
- plurals of terms
- author, subject, or title entries
- placement at back of book
- page numbers to the right of each entry
- main or first entries in bold.
What additional term or terms would you like to see included in one of the indexes you examined?
Did you find every term or phrase that you expected to see listed?
What words or phrases would you like to see added?
Return from Index Menu to Menus hub page for even more menu teaching ideas!
Return from Index Menu to Real World Content Advantage home page.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.